Friday, August 5, 2016

Beer Snob

It is no secret to those who know Carol and I that we like beer. All kinds of beer. Almost anything that has beer on the label is something we will try. Samples aren't those little one ounce things some bars give you. Give us a full glass of whatever you have on draft or something interesting in a can or bottle. We have been privileged to be able to frequent Budde's in Galesburg, Illinois. The beer is always changing in the taps so you get to try new things. The pizza is the best in town. Everyone has their favorite beer and Carol's is New Holland Cabin Fever. 
When it is on tap she will go every day until it is gone. If I find it in a store I will buy as much as I can afford. 
When fall rolls around she loves to drink Octoberfest beers. We were at Benny's on Tybee Island last week and they said Sam Adams Octoberfest would be on tap starting August 3rd. We went yesterday so she could have a couple. We were back again today. Seems like they start serving it earlier every year. It brings me to the beer snob part of the story. 
Diane Budde sent us a text yesterday asking when we would be back in Galesburg because she was ordering Octoberfest beers. At some point the coolers will hold most of these. 
Carol and I were talking this morning about the Octoberfest beers and I mentioned she had already had one. Her response: "It was just Sam Adams!" So, for that comment, I have officially pronounced her a Beer Snob. Really, just Sam Adams? 


No comments:

Post a Comment