Monday, September 12, 2016

Around Town

I walk most mornings and some evenings with Rose and Lily. I'm always surprised that I can walk by the same place every day for weeks before I finally notice something. 


This house is over on Second. I could get a better picture if I was willing to walk up in their yard. I just can't do that.  I get mad when someone trespasses on our property in Illinois. It keeps me from doing that to someone here. 

Lily, Rose and I were out walking over the weekend and the Lighthouse was adorned with a flag in memory of those lost on September 11th. I got Rose and Lily to stop long enough to take some pictures with my phone. 
The picture above has not been photoshopped. It turned out pretty well. 
The one above now has been tweaked quite a bit. Perhaps too much. 
This one was lightly edited. Seems like a better idea. 
The next two pictures were not taken by me. 

The anchor was located off Tybee beach and dates from the 19th century. It has snagged numerous shrimp nets over the years. A couple of locals decided to raise it up and bring it to shore. I included the second picture just to show how big it is. 

The last picture is one I took at the Wilmington Island Farmer's Market. I can't tell you what make of car this is. I talked to the owner briefly and he told me it was a 1911. He was trying to get his dog tied into the seat and his wife walked up with their purchases. He said he drives it on a regular basis. The lamps on the side are kerosene so I'm guessing no night driving. 




1 comment:

  1. Darn good pics. Especially liked the lighthouse with the flag. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete