Tuesday, January 3, 2017

We Got What We Deserved

We had a presidential election in November. I was wrong about what I thought about that election and what would happen. I was sure my fellow citizens and voters would not elect Donald Trump. It seemed to me that he just had too many negatives. The ongoing issues with a gold star family, his mockery of a disabled reporter, his statements about John McCain, and his comments about grabbing women by the pussy. It was also clear that Hillary Clinton had serious flaws as a candidate. Her email problems, the Benghazi problems, the fact she basically cheated the nomination away from Bernie Sanders. I felt even given all those issues the American public would hold their respective noses and vote her in.

 Now it looks like millions of Americans will lose their health insurance. They seemed to think that Republicans who have been trying to repeal the Affordable Care Act of eight years were just talking shit. Mr. Trump said that they would have plans to choose from. Plans that no one had thought of before. Great, wonderful health care plans. Everybody should be covered, he said at one point. At this time it looks there is no alternate plan. That there never was. Republicans have had eight years to propose an alternate plan. So far nothing of substance. It would appear their plan is to suggest you don't get sick. If you do then you apparently should just stay home and die.

Mr. Trump will become president on January 20th. We have been hearing for years how President Obama is coming to take away our guns. I'm not sure of the exact number he has had confiscated but I think it is somewhere around zero. So he needs to get busy. Not much time left and there are millions of guns to take away. If the zero number is wrong it is because I am taking a page out of the playbook of Mr. Trump. If you don't have facts just make something up. If it is wrong I can just deny it later, claim I was misquoted or just call you a liar.

Finally I owe an apology to George Carlin. I can't give the quote exactly but it was along these lines. He was looking at our elected officials and wondered how they could be the best America had to offer. He went on to say that when you have selfish ignorant voters they will elect selfish ignorant leaders. I was wrong George. You looked into the future and saw 2016. Ignorant selfish voters have elected an ignorant selfish leader. The only person who should be thrilled is George W. Bush. As soon as Mr. Trump takes the oath of office George W. Bush will no longer be the worst president in our nations history. Interesting that both of them obtained the office of President while losing the popular vote.

My advice is to do a couple of things. Contact your representatives in Congress and let them know you are watching and social security cannot be touched. Tell them healthcare is a human right and all are entitled. Finally, if you want jobs in America then buy products that are made here.

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I, too, identified with the frustration of many Americans but when it came down to the ballot box I voted for Clinton for her experience, and simply despised Trumps false statements that woudl evaporate in fact-check quicksand. I personally think this is going to be a trainwreck from the word go and if we don't end up with a North Korean ICBM up our asses it will be a miracle. Let's hope for the best and keep our reps phone numbers on speed-dial.

    ReplyDelete