Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Sometimes You Need Help

On Saturday we went to the band progression concert at the high school in Rushville. The pictures I posted the other day were all taken by me. Today I feature the photographs taken by my assistant photographers. It can be a bit nerve racking to hand an expensive camera to a young person. It is important to understand that they cannot learn without being given the opportunity.

This is my first assistant Johnnie Lynn.

My second assistant Audrey Layne.

One of the problems faced by shorter photographers is getting pictures of the back of people's heads. I will give credit to both my assistants in doing something I don't. They take a picture and then look to see how it turned out. Perhaps all my years dealing with film and having to wait sometimes weeks to see how they developed lead me to just continue to take pictures with the hope that something (read anything) might turn out decent.
The next picture corrected the back of the head problem. Perhaps a bit of over correction with too much overhead. There is a learning curve involved.

Picture three corrects both those problems. Progress and practice prove helpful.

I enjoy the composition of this picture and the truth is that a bit of cropping would correct any issues. Again the joys of digital photography.

A nice view of the zoom in to get a closer view of the band.

The last picture featured below was taken by someone else. I would give credit but I took it off Facebook and I don't remember who took the picture. The young lady with the dark brown eyes and brown hair holding a flute upright next to her face is our granddaughter Vannessa. She enjoys band especially marching band and we enjoy watching her perform. It has made a tremendous impact on her confidence, her overall performance in school and her level of maturity. The folks who think the arts are not important in school are just wrong. They are a vital part of a well rounded educational experience.
My thanks to my able assistants. I look forward to the next time I am able to share camera time with you.

1 comment:

  1. I am so pleased your assistants used a real honest-to-goodness camera instead of those awful ones they have in phones. One could make a case that taking pictures with anything is good,a dn I'd be hard pressed to argue, but perhasp this will plant a seed to your young photogs to someday explore the wonders of a good camera.

    ReplyDelete