Monday, April 17, 2017

Molested Again

This is a repost from 2012.

Please don't judge too harshly and show some patience. It is tough to admit that you have been the victim of a molester. It is something you spend your life trying to repress and hide from everyone including your spouse and children. It is even worse when that sexual abuse was forced on you by another male family member. Yes, I was molested by a trusted uncle. He befriended me early in life and always appreared for picnics around patriotic national holidays. You know like Memorial Day and Independence Day. He would wear his red, white and blue outfit and is long ZZ Top looking beard. I couldn't see the evil intent in his heart as he hid behind patriotism, God and country. He waited and took his time quietly manipulating me until he saw his opportunity. Now every year he stops by and threatens to expose those years of abuse in an attempt to get me to give in to his sordid demands again. Every year I think I will have the strength to say "NO!" and push him out of my life. Every year I am wrong and wake up the next morning hating myself for what I have allowed him to do to me. Just like a Cub fan I comfort myself with the thought of "wait till next year" but like the Cubs nothing ever changes. I know he is there waiting, pants around his ankles, ready to move in behind me and screw in the ass again. My abuser is Uncle Sam. I have spent the last few days working on my taxes and as usual after paying all year I am going to be sending him some more money. Yes, he nailed me again this year. It isn't so much that I don't want to pay taxes it is the hours that I have to spend figuring out what I owe. My returns involve income from 2 states and from pensions and farm income. I had used a tax service in the past but when I found myself having to explain to them how to complete my forms and then paying them for following my advice I decided I should just go it alone. There are years when I go to the mailbox in June or July and see a letter from the Internal Revenue Service. If you want to see if your ass cheeks will clinch tight enough to break a walnut go to the mailbox and get one of those letters. So far it has always been something like me using the wrong form or sending them too much money. It still scares the hell out of you. I believe in the flat tax more all the time. I know there are issues like poor folks paying more and rich folks paying less but those issues can be resolved if the legislation is written correctly. (I'm dreaming the current Congress can do that!) It would just be nice if I didn't have to spend days sorting through forms and rules and mailing 30 pages of documents to the federal government and two states. We would, of course, have to retrain all those tax professionals at places like H & R Block. I'm sure we could find a job for them counting beans somewhere (ADM?) Anyway if you see my Uncle Sam anywhere around be careful. He will be in the Post Office or some other government building looking all patriotic and pointing saying "I want you!" If you think that is his way of trying to get you to enlist in the armed services you are wrong. You have read this blog and now you know what he really wants. I think Mr. Rogers said it best.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear of your annual molestation. I recall past posts lamenting Uncle Sam's arrival to your back door. It's all over now. Relax. Until next year.

    ReplyDelete