Saturday, September 2, 2017

In the Beginning- Pictures

I'm going to start with my name. Jeffrey- I don't know why perhaps just a desire to stay with names that begin with the letter J. My middle name is from a Navy buddy of my Dad's. Charles A. Owens. They left off the s on the end of his name so my middle name is just Owen. Here is the Western Union telegram he sent in response.

He was apparently pleased.

Mom and I arriving home from the hospital in March 1954.

This is me in July 1954.

Again in July 1954. Remember this is around the doctor referred to me as "sturdy".  The next picture will show why I look sturdy.

My baby book says my older brother Jay liked to feed me. At seven weeks he was trying to feed me graham crackers and cheese.

Babies have only three things to do. Eat, sleep and poop. I have nailed at least two of the three jobs in this picture.

My first birthday. My baby book says the cake had orange frosting. My favorite color- orange. Is there a connection????

Spring 1955.

Spring 1955. I'm not sure which dog that is in the background. It is something I remember from my childhood. Dogs. There were always dogs on the farm. Sometimes lots of dogs. Lots like 20.

I'm really happy in this picture. Why not? Outside playing in the yard with your brother and your Mom. The tractor on the ground appears to have suffered a roll over accident. My baby book says I got a toy tractor for my first birthday. Most likely it is the one pictured. Toys were made to last back then. I think if I looked around the house where I grew up it is there waiting to be played with again.

No comments:

Post a Comment