Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Seasons

Spring or Fall? It is a question I can never answer. Should you have a favorite season? I think we all do. It is easy to eliminate summer- too hot. It is hard to get excited about a season that makes you sweat and smell bad. Winter, it has become too comercialized with Christmas. Well, that and I HATE cold weather. I think the Christian religions view of hell is wrong. It could just as easily be a place of unimaginable cold. Enough about religion. The weather is changing here and the trees are starting to give us some of that glorious Fall color. I took some pictures today and they explain why Carol and I choose to live out here in BFE.


This is the view off our front porch looking to the northeast.

This is the same view with a little telephoto enhancement.

This is a view to the east from the driveway. You can see the road turning back to the left. There are two houses east of us. One is unoccupied the other is a weekend get away for a family from Peoria. So most days the only traffic past us is the occasional farmer checking crops or cows.

The same view with telephoto enhancement.

This is the view off our deck looking west.

This beautiful red leaf is poison ivy. If it was this color all the time maybe I wouldn't get it 3 or 4 times a year. Actually I would because I know what it looks like all the time. Sometimes you just can't avoid it.
That is the view of our little corner of the earth taken today. Every day here is a joy and a blessing.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures, Mr. Sutor. I, too, can see why you live out where deer feel safe. I think I told you my wife considers your small part of the universe is her idea of heaven. As for me, the day I return to a place with all four seasons will be my heaven.

    ReplyDelete