Friday, June 14, 2013

Things I find odd or funny

These are just a few things I wandered across that I enjoy. Feel free to enjoy or hate them.

We stopped for gas in rural Georgia and next door to the station was "Fantasy World".



 If this ratty looking shit hole of an "adult store" is your fantasy world may I please never visit your planet. Just a quick word on the gas station. Our daughter in law Mandie took her girls in to use the restroom and it was so filthy she turned around and brought them back out. The gas station also sold fried chicken. It was time to fuel up and move on down the road.

The residents of Tybee Island use a variety of vehicles to get around town. I think if you are going to use a four wheeler or golf cart there is nothing wrong with making a statement. Remember life is short! Have some fun! Give the world a peek at the freak that lives in your head!

Wet Willie's is a bar/dining establishment on Tybee Island. Not sure the name works for  me.
 
The next three pictures are brought to you courtesy of Johnnie Lynn. She is in the bottom picture and has started the trend in the family of taking my glasses and making the Mr. Papa face. She also tries to say in the deepest tones her little voice can muster: "I'm Mr. Papa!"



 
Sometimes you take a picture and realize later that maybe you should have looked at the background a little closer. Our daughter in law took this one. Now that I reconsider perhaps it was not an error and she intends to place us on clearance. What will this group bring on ebay?
The sign below means something at high tide. We were on the Tybee Island Beach at low tide. I don't think there was going to be any problem with folks swimming within 50 feet of the pier.
 
 
The giraffe pictured below and the bottle tree were in the front yard of a private residence on Tybee Island. There was plenty of other stuff in the yard but getting close enough to get good pictures would have been intrusive. Again, enjoy life! Be wacky! Make a statement!

 
 
 
This is me standing behind a turtle display at the Crab Shack on Tybee Island. Mandie commented that it appeared the turtle and I were involved in a questionable interspecies relationship. My advice, don't ask, don't tell. 
I like unusual road signs. Not likely to see this one in Illinois. Why did the turtle cross the road? Peaches baby peaches.
 






1 comment:

  1. Excellent photo essay. Great pics and commentary. Love the whimsey. Love using that word.

    ReplyDelete