Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Pictures- You can't take pictures

As you regular readers know from time to time I am able to look out the front or back doors of our house out here in BFE and take pictures of the local wildlife. Deer, turkeys, geese, crows, coyotes, raccoons, opossum, skunks, well just a little bit of everything wanders by from time to time.

Pictures like this one taken last March of some turkeys wandering across the yard out near the road.

Teddy and Lily can be sound asleep now until they hear the sound of my digital camera starting up. When it does they think there is an animal outside I want to photograph. Last week I wanted to take a picture of them sleeping on the couch. Carol and I couldn't sit there because there was no room after they sprawled out. The noise my camera makes when it starts up causes this reaction.


 
This is my first attempt to upload a video and clearly it is an epic failure. So in your head just imagine chaotic barking and running around. Being a pet owner does require you to learn how to manipulate your four legged friends behavior to your advantage. There are times that Teddy and Lily don't want to go outside. Since the camera noise makes them think an animal is out there to chase I just turn the camera on and they run out the door barking and looking for the critter. Problem getting them to go out. Problem now easily solved. Look for an opportunity to use anything and everything to your advantage. That is today's lesson. 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Great wildlife picture. I spotted some turkeys last time I was up and they didn't come out nearly as well as yours. Good job. Also, looks like we have a BFE variation of Pavlov's dogs. Good post, Mr. Pavlov.

    ReplyDelete