Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Photography

I went to North Beach on Tybee Island on Sunday to photograph the full moon rising over the Atlantic Ocean. If I learned anything it was that I need to spend more time with the camera not set on automatic. The wonderful thing about digital photography is you can take literally hundreds of pictures and throw away 90% of them and not feel bad. When you had 90% bad pictures with film and de eloping costs it hurt. As a point of reference I have done nothing to these other than download them. No photoshop work on any of them. 





I like the next one best. What did I do differently? Damned if I know. 

I always enjoy the lighthouse and think this is one of the better pictures I have taken of it. 
The picture below illustrates what happens when someone runs into your slow shutter speed shot. 

I was attempting with the picture above and several to follow to capture the moonlight reflecting on the water. The results are questionable. 





It might be time to invest in a tripod. 














1 comment:

  1. Is that the strawberry moon I was reading about? Some of those pictures are excellent and wish I could have been there with you. The moon is particularly difficultto photograph becasue, as I understand it, it is night and yet the reflection off the moon is of the sun. Tricky settings. Nice job and I like the ghost ones, too. PS A tripod is indispensable for nighttime photography,as well as a remote clicker, if you can find one of those. I look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete