Monday, March 19, 2012

Old?

Today is my 58th birthday. Yesterday was Johnnie Lynn Sutor's 3rd birthday. She is one of my six lovely granddaughters.




Johnnie Lynn is the cute one in the picture. I am the other one.

There are days that I wake up and feel like I am 58 or maybe even older but once I get out of bed and get moving those thoughts go away. Spending time figuring out what to do and how to get it all done fill the day. There is always more to do than there is day to do it in. You wondering when you work how  you will fill all that free time when you retire. It doesn't seem to be a problem. There is always something here that needs to be done or a book that demands my attention.  Some subject I know nothing about but has pressed itself into that part of me that wants to know everything. I follow the current political process as closely as I can. The only thing I have been able to determine with any certainty is that when any one of those running is speaking at least half of what they are saying is a lie. The challenging part as a listener is figuring out which part is true and which isn't. It probably is best to depend on the old adage that if it sounds to good to be true it probably isn't.


The picture above is of my son John's three girls. They are (from the front) Johnnie, Audrey and Vannessa. I wish I could claim they got some of their good looks from me but I posted a picture of myself up above.  They are all looking forward to our Disney cruise in late May. It should be a wonderful time for all involved.


The final picture for today is Johnnie Lynn on her birthday holding her new Buzz Lightyear doll. I guess it is okay to call it a doll since she is a girl. I suppose if she was a boy I would be required to call it an "action figure". Political correctness run amoke again. She was delighted with her new toy and had to show all of us what Buzz could do. It is my hope that she has many more birthdays and that I get to see some of them with her. You never know what life will bring you so if you are looking for an advice from an old man it would be the following. Don't spend so much time worrying about what you might do tomorrow that you don't enjoy today. Don't waste any time feeling guilty about what you did yesterday since you can't change that either. Find something to do today that consumes you, that ignites your passion, that makes you feel alive and enjoy it with all your heart. Life is too short to waste it on hate. Love what you have and what you are, if you can't then make yourself into something that you can love. Be happy. 



1 comment: