Sunday, March 24, 2013

As Expected

We went to Chicago yesterday and moved our niece Kate to Peoria. My Chicago experience went as expected. Traffic was bad. The lanes were narrow and busy especially when you have a full sized pickup truck and a trailer.

This is the view from the passenger seat taken by Carol. You big city drivers can and should be making fun of me. You see spaces between the cars and all the lanes aren't packed. You are wondering why I would object to this. Well the next picture is the where I usually drive. The road less taken.
 
That is the view from the end of our driveway looking west. If I wanted to go to Galesburg or actually anywhere that is the way I have to go.
 
This is the view going east. If I want to go a half mile to nowhere I go this way. The road deadends down there so nowhere to go that direction.
 
 
The Chicago skyline. Some will marvel at its beauty.
 
 

The view I like. Wild turkeys at the end of our driveway earlier in the week. The were looking for a midmorning snack.
 
This is our yard this morning. My only question is this one. Where the fuck is Spring?
 
My excursion into Chicago yesterday did nothing to change my feelings. I still hate the city. The crowds, the traffic, the smells, the noise, everything about it. If I never go there again I will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment