Thursday, March 7, 2013

Dog and Cat

We have a wonderful dog named Lily Lu. She is a 10 month old Redbone coon hound. She is very smart but not very brave.  The picture above is Lily Lu getting close to the camera when I was taking pictures. She just wondered what I was doing.

We have a cat named Snickers. She is about 15 years old and hates everyone and everything. Yesterday Lily decided to torment Snickers. The cat has tolerated this very well for the last couple of weeks. She lays down under a chair and Lily barks at her. Snickers will look at her from time to time and you can see the gears in her head turning. "I could kick your ass if I wanted to dog. Lucky for you I don't want to right now."

Their uneasy truce ended yesterday. Lily came running across the living room with the cat hot on her ass. When Lily stopped running the cat stopped and started hissing. The dog backed down. Today they had spent time apart respecting each others space. Lily decided about 20 minutes ago that Snickers needed an afternoon meet and greet. All we heard were claws digging on hardwood as Lily attempted to escape Snickers response. Lily ran to the couch and got between Carol and I. She was shaking with fear and has not left the couch since.

It would appear at least for the moment we have a top cat.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Lily Lu. A damn cat did that to me years ago and I have yet to recover. Few of us are capable of turning a determined feline.

    ReplyDelete