Thursday, April 4, 2013

15

The weather in BFE has turned for the better. It is warm and reasonably dry. Well, dry for April. So today it was finally time to leave the cozy indoor hell of daytime television and get back to work. So to Kelly and Michael, The View, The Talk, the Chew, Dr. Phil, Ellen and anyone else who has tormented me since November- FUCK OFF!

Lily went out to spend time in her kennel while I dug fence post holes for her new larger and improved exercise area. I had everything lined out and started digging. The title of the post is the number of holes I dug today. They are all 30 inches deep and about 10 inches in diameter. All hand dug with a spade and a clam shell post hole digger. I still have 8 more holes to dig. I hit the wall at 15. No posts in the holes just the holes dug. When you are 59 it seems clear you cannot sit around all winter and then work like you did the year before. The old saying is true. What I used to do all day now takes me all day to do.

I am going to pay for this tomorrow. Advil, save me!

No comments:

Post a Comment