Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Sights at City Market

Sometimes you see things that make you go what the fuck. On Saturday in Savannah they were on opposite sides of the street. 
This guy had the most amazing beard. The whiskers you see over his right shoulder are the right side of his beard. I would hazard to guess there was the better part of a full can of hairspray in it. It unfortunately doesn't show well against the brick wall. 
This shot has a bit better background. I did go over and talk to him after taking the pictures to tell him I was impressed with his beard. 
The other side of the street was a restaurant and this was one of the servers.
I'm talking about throne in black. 
The picture below is an enlargement of the one above. 
What is not apparent in my picture is that the outfit being worn is a short skirt. This is a transgendered individual. A male who identifies as female. Those of you with bathroom issues need to look at her and ask yourself one question and answer it as best you can. What bathroom would you have her use? 

Jeremy did call to my attention that I spoke to the guy with the beard after taking his picture but did not do so with her. I agreed that my conduct was not appropriate and in the future I would be more aware of my actions and more respectful. As I have said in the past I will not take pictures with the intent of making fun of the individual. My intent with this one was to draw attention to the transgender issue and get folks thinking about the real world implications of some of the new laws. 

1 comment:

  1. Beards are easier to discuss casually than sex reassignment. Don't be too tough on yourself.

    ReplyDelete