Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Fuck ‘em

 

I’m growing tired of folks who were too lazy or too stupid making comments like this about those of us who decided to get a liberal arts education. I worked with some of those who attempt to belittle our education. I supervised several of them. I always saw the value of my liberal arts education in its training me to see multiple sides of an issue. It encouraged me to look beyond my thoughts and prejudices. It taught me not to take statements at face value. I was taught to research and look beyond the claims to determine truth. It is one of the reasons I find Facebook so frustrating. People see something posted that fits with their world view and could care less if it is true. There are those who claim we each have our own truth. They are just wrong. There are universal truths out there supported by facts. You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts and not a truth that is contrary to facts. So, to my dear friend Mike, I value your philosophy education. We spent many hours debating things we experienced working together. Those discussions were always an effort to discern facts and truth. I know at the end of the day our respective liberal arts educations served us and those we worked with as coworkers and clients well. 

So those who want to demean and belittle our education and work- FUCK YOU!

1 comment:

  1. I never wanted to work in the Philosophy factory. It was immensely more enjoyable and profitable debating you at MDH. I'm a lucky guy.

    ReplyDelete