Saturday, May 8, 2021

What is It?

 A couple weeks ago I took a picture of this house in Vermont, Illinois.  




I made note of the structure to the right suspecting originally it functioned as the kitchen. I neglected to notice the smaller structure to the left. When we drove through Vermont yesterday I took this picture. 


Carol and I debated it’s possible function. It is too small to be a root cellar. Carol suggested the possibility it was an outhouse. It seems possible. That does remind me of a story. I had a young man working for me a few years ago. He was telling me about a girl he was dating at the time. In describing how attractive she was he stated: “She’s built like a shit brick house.”  Mixed metaphors. I advised him at the time I doubted she would find that complimentary. Back to this story. Perhaps it is a well house or a sits over a cistern. Tool shed? 

Any suggestions or opinions dear readers? 

No comments:

Post a Comment