Saturday, September 11, 2021

Oh! To Be Young

 I haven’t written any posts in a bit because I didn’t want to spend my time yelling about the bullshit going on in America. I wanted a positive story first. Today I got one handed to me. Carol and I decided to get out for the house and go to Lewistown to visit a couple of wineries. The first winery was Big Horse Vineyards. The wines were average at best. Virtually next door was Native Trails Winery. They were having a fundraiser so Prater Willi Syndrome. If you have never heard of it I’m not surprised. A little boy in Canton is afflicted. His name is Elliot. His mom runs the fundraiser and the money goes to research. This is the 4th fundraiser and in total they have raised $30,000 prior to today. We made a donation and sat down to enjoy some wine and live music. 


The wine was pretty good. The band was good and even better- kind. A young boy, I’m guessing about three years old came up and stood behind the guitar players and in front of the drummer. During the first song he was trying to snap his fingers with the music. The second song he was tapping his foot and pretty quickly that moved to full on foot stomping.  Before the next song the band asked his name, made him an unofficial member and gave him a tambourine to play. 


He had the best time. Much, at least to my surprise, he kept pretty good time with the music. I would have enjoyed watching him longer but his mother decided it was time for him to rejoin his family. 

So there you go. Sometimes you need a kid to show you that no matter what is going on you can find a bit of joy in the music. Too often as adults we worry about what other people think. This little guy didn’t care. He just wanted to have some fun and he did. Look for that child in you and let the kid out to play. 


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun day. Good things do happen out there.

    ReplyDelete