Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Mayday or May Day?

May Day is a celebration of spring. Mayday is a call for help. Why? Do we need help escaping from spring? Does spring put us in distress? Yeah, I know. I looked on google and wikipedia and mayday is from a french saying "venez m'aider" meaning please come help me. Aren't the French saying that all the time? I always wonder about Cinco de Mayo. It is a celebration of the victory of the Mexican army over the French. Wow, really impressive Mexico, you beat up on the French. Seems to me every country could have a holiday to celebrate that accomplishment. I shouldn't complain any holiday we celebrate by drinking beer and eating tacos is good in my opinion. Speaking of beer, there are days when I really feel like calling these guys.

I think today is probably one of those days. I am sitting around waiting on the state forester to look at my newly planted trees and approve my work so that the USDA will reimburse me the money I spent to buy and plant them. It is raining and I think he may be somewhat unmotivated today. I have also heard rumors he is retiring in the near future. As always with the state the work keeps coming at you until you walk out the door leaving things undone and no one shows up to replace you for months or at times for years. Worrying won't change a thing so I will just try to do other things while I wait.

Yesterday was about milestones and I wanted to share something you younger men should think about as you grow older.


The rules of aging are hard to read so I will recap.
1. Never pass up a bathroom.
2. Never waste a hard on.
3. Never trust a fart.

In keeping with the celebration of Cinco de Mayo numbers one and three become especially important with the consumption of beer and tacos. I must admit the fellow in the picture appears to have experienced the misery of ignoring each of those rules at one point or another.

Finally for today. There are many, myself included who think that Lincoln was without doubt our greatest president. The United States would be a very different place had he not been the great man he was. Well now musicians and stoners can unite behind this great man.


Who are we to argue? So, relax, go sit on the porch and let your worries drift away is the haze. 


No comments:

Post a Comment