Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Gun control

Gun control is one of those hot button issues. So many people, usually men, act like you are trying to cut off their dicks when you talk about gun control. It's okay fellas, you can keep your dicks. Your guns, well that is something we need to talk about. First off, yes I own guns. I used to hunt and at one time in my life enjoyed hunting. It seems as I get older I lack the blood lust for it. I just don't have the desire any more to go out and take another living creatures life. Yea, I know, still eat meat from the store. Didn't say my beliefs were consistent and besides cows, pigs, chickens and turkeys taste really good. Since I am familiar with hunting lets talk for a minute about assault rifles. Personally never seen anyone go out hunting with one. Now to be clear I don't want to confiscate your assault rifle, I just want you to know that I think it has one purpose and one purpose only. It was designed to kill people. If you want to go hunting with one be my guest but understand that I will make fun of you. Deer, coyote, whatever it is you want to hunt. You need a 30 shot clip? I spent most of my time hunting using a single shot rifle or shotgun. There were a couple of reasons. First, you think about what you are shooting at. Do you really have a shot? What else is in the area? Second, I figured if I didn't hit it with my one shot it either deserved to live or I needed more target practice. So keep your gun but honestly give up the high capacity clips. I have a Savage .308 rifle that holds 5 shells. It is bolt action so effectively if I were to hunt with it I would get one shot. So I would take away your large capacity ammunition clips. I would also suggest that ammunition designed to pierce armour is probably not needed for nonmiltary applications. For those who believe that some day they will need to fight the government, get some mental health counseling. If you think an armour piercing round from any gun you own is going to help you then you know less about the capabilities of our military than I do. If we get to that place they can turn any of us into a stain on the ground before we can do anything harmful to them. If we face an event that threatens the future of mankind on this planet then I hope the initial event kills me. I have watched too many of the survivalists on TV and frankly if they are the future I would rather be dead. Besides, I am old, beyond breeding age and would simply be using resources that could keep someone younger alive.
I am in favor of concealed carry but there must be rules and training. You cannot just turn people loose with guns and think they have any idea how to use them. We don't turn people loose with cars. You have to prove you are able to drive. You have to be tested. You must be of a certain age. You must have a license. Once again the paranoid will complain if I have to register myself or my guns the government my come to take them. Look out in your driveway. Your car is licensed. Is it still there? Has the government ever attempted to take it? If you continue with this attitude then you may fail the mental health portion of gun ownership that I feel should be required. Crazy people don't need to own guns. I know that criminals and crazy people don't care about laws controlling the ownership and use of guns. If we didn't have those laws then they could legally possess weapons. So we need those safeguards even if they only work part of the time. I am willing to jump through whatever hoops the government puts out if if prevents one death. Buying a gun or ammunition has never been an emergency purchase. When it is it will be too late anyway.
So bottom line for me, no high capacity clips, no military use ammuntion for civilians, registered and licensed concealed carry with restrictions. Okay fellas, take a minute and reach into your pants. Still got your dick?

No comments:

Post a Comment