Thursday, May 23, 2013

Facebook

I have a Facebook account. There are days I wonder why. I think George Carlin said it best.


It would seem on most days they have a Facebook account. Maybe it is good that I never post about this blog on Facebook. So almost all of the Facebook friends I have will never read this. There are things in life that I don't care about. Your high score on Candy Crush Saga or Slots or any other game connected to Facebook. What you had for lunch, supper, breakfast, snack, meals on wheels, or any thing else you have eaten or will eat unless it will be on an episode of Man versus Food or Ripley's Believe It or Not. If you are having whale tongue filet or chicken lips or leftovers from Jeffrey Dahmer's freezer then post that shit with pictures. If it is fried chicken and mashed potatoes honestly I don't give a shit. Your kids and grandkids, hell yes I want to hear about them. Every accomplishment in life for them you want to share. Put up pictures of them playing ball or graduating from school. I don't see most of you often enough to know what is going on and those things are important. The fact you ate lunch at Applebee's and shopped at Target afterward, really not so much. Now on to things folks seem to like to repost. Again I call on George Carlin.

Obama is a muslim born in Kenya and not qualified to be president because he wants to take our guns and he is trying to cover up the scandal in Benghazi while he uses the IRS to crush Tea Party groups. If you choose to repost something that someone else has posted on the Internet or Facebook take a few minutes to see if it is true. I find it incredible that you can Google anything and get a hundred or a thousand or a million sources of information on subjects you don't even care about. I see stuff on Facebook every day that is complete and utter bullshit. I want to make it clear I am not picking on any group. Liberals and conservatives are both altering the facts and manipulating headlines to make political points. They both lie. Every fucking day! Read multiple news sources, do some fact checking, read something about what is being said before you just repost and agree. We have access to more information in less time than at any point in history and yet the willingness to check any statement to see if it is true is just too much trouble. I read it on the Internet or on Facebook so it must be true. If that is where the majority of  users are then we are soooooo screwed. So when I see you again and I take my hat off and put it on your head it is not because I think you want my hat. It is because I see that orb on top of your neck as nothing more than a talking hat rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment