Monday, May 13, 2013

Tales from the Road

Carol and I just returned from our annual trek to Lexington, Kentucky so she can spend time with her siblings and their families. Today's post isn't about any of that, it is about stuff I saw along the way that appealed to my admitly juvenile sense of humor. Someone recently asked if I was in my second childhood. I told the truth, I haven't finished my first yet.

We took these pictures at a construction site in Knoxville, Illinois right before we dropped Lily off at the kennel.


I personally wondered what exactly went on in the "Dirty Room". Does one go there to have their "tools" cleaned. They are working on the water tower. Do you get the rust blown out of your pipes?
While in Kentucky we went to the Waveland State Historic Site. It was interesting but that will be the subject of another day. I happened across this brochure for the Big Bone Lick State Park. Really? Nobody in Kentucky State Government saw a red flag here. It gets better.

If you will take a moment to read above you will note that Big Bone Lick State Park is in Union, Kentucky on Beaver Road. It makes sense. If you are going to have a big bone licked you really need some beaver around.

Okay this is just one of the goofy things I do when I travel. If I see a "Big Boy" I am getting my picture taken with him. I was a bit surprised when Carol agreed to be in the shot. You will note she is helping Big Boy hold up his massive meat. How can you not have fun with a big boy.

Horseshoe Bend Winery is a real winery in Kentucky. We saw this bottle of wine at the Liquor Barn. Now I have seen King Kong movies and I don't remember a thong on Kong. The other thing I don't recall is Kong sporting such an impressive package in his thong. He appears excited to be on top of that building. I think maybe he is ready to go to the dirty room.

I bought a bottle of this beer. Rogue Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Porter. Haven't tried it yet but it is on ice. I will report on the experience.
 
 
We toured the Maker's Mark distillery and they had this poster on the wall. It is good when you can poke a little fun at your own business. More on that tour in another post. 

1 comment:

  1. Guess what I discovered this morning? Another Bo-DI waiting to be viewed and savored. Funny stuff today and what better way to start the day but with a good old belly laugh or three. Thanks for keeping your eyes open and your camera at the ready.

    ReplyDelete