Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Oklahoma

Monday was a bad day if you lived in the effected areas of Oklahoma. There was destruction on a scale that is hard to imagine. I am posting several pictures of the area with the full understanding that they cannot convey the full extent of the damage.



 
 
It amazes me in a couple of  ways. First, that all that damage can be done in a matter of a few seconds. Second, that the number of people who died was not much higher. I know the area is know for tornados and they take preparation seriously down there, but how can you prepare for this?



The aftermath is even more shocking when viewed from ground level. The last picture is a view of the medical center.
 
This is a young boy being pulled from what remains of his school. I would have nightmares from this experience if it was me.
Churches weren't spared either. 
 
This is my favorite hypocrite or money grubbing jackass or whatever other label you want to put on him. I am sure he will be on the news in the next few days telling us that America needs to repent or god will continue to pour out is wrath like he did in Oklahoma. He will blame gay marriage, abortions, greed, homosexuals, no prayer in public schools or one of a hundred other things for the tragedy in Oklahoma. God is punishing us Pat?  In my mind only with your presence. I miss the old days a hundred years ago before radio and television when a few million fewer people would have to listen to your bullshit. I have two simple statements. You allege god punishes us for our collective misdeeds but as a parent I know that punishment is ineffective unless you know why you are being punished. If you just walk by every now and then and whack your kid up side the head with no explanation he just learns to avoid you. Is that your god's plan. Second point, I wasn't real crazy about a house being dropped on a wicked witch in the Wizard of Oz. If god is dropping schools on children to teach us a lesson I have a real problem with his teaching method. If you response is that the devil is doing it, well once again that would only happen if god allowed it according to your words.
 
If you want to help those who have been effected by this natural disaster take a few moments and give a dollar or two or a hundred or two to the American Red Cross.
 
Let's hope brighter days are ahead for those who are suffering now.


No comments:

Post a Comment