Friday, March 27, 2015

On the Farm

A quick flashback to my early youth.

You always put the most important thing in the picture in the foreground. He is Pedro the burro who was there from the time I was born until after I was married and moved away. The fellas on the cart are my brother David on Mom's lap, me in the middle and my older brother Jay on the right. Why did I cover my face? Who knows? Surprising to some but not to those who know how things can be put in barns on a farm. The cart we are sitting on is in the barn that appears in the background of the picture. Everyone in the picture (except the star Pedro) is still alive. If we could find a stand in for him we could recreate the picture but some of us would have to stand next to the cart. I also doubt that Mom would be willing to have David sit on her lap. As far as a guess on age of the picture. It was most likely about 58 or so years ago. It was a simple and happy childhood on the best place a kid could ever hope to grow up.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like the subjects were facing a bright sun. Good thing Mom and the donkey posed correctly, because the boys seem to be fighting the session.

    ReplyDelete