Wednesday, March 18, 2015

St. Patrick's Day Parade Part 3


When we quit yesterday the issue was ladies running out and kissing parade participants. You will note in the second picture one of the ladies in question is caught heading out to plant one on an official.

There were plenty of things in the parade I enjoyed and this was somewhere near the top. Maybe it's a personal thing but I always enjoy bagpipe music. Don't know why but something about it is soothing. The Dublin Fire Brigade Band was good and fun to watch.

Great music, fine looking kilts and a man at the front who knew how to handle a baton.

Once again note the red lipstick on his cheek.

The ladies didn't limit their smooches to the leaders. The boys in the back benefited as well.

This fella is one of the aldermen in town. I see him on this contraption from time to time when Miss Lily and I are out for our walks. He is working hard to sign people up for Solarize Tybee. While I think the intent is worthwhile at this time I have a couple of problems with the systems. First, the payback doesn't seem to make sense. If everything went well I'm not sure you would ever recoup all the funds you put into it. Second, it is another system to maintain. I'm old and looking to simplify my life not complicate it with a system I don't completely understand.

We will close today with this fine fella. He is the mayor of the city of Tybee. I'd tell you his name but frankly I have forgotten it and I'm too lazy to blow up the picture enough to read it on the car. So I will go McDonald's on this and call him Mayor McCheese. He is the big cheese here. We watch the local cable channel to see the city council meetings. It helps us understand what is going on here. I often say that several of the council members are old hippies who spent their youth rebelling against the rules and saying in one form or another: "Fuck the Man!" Now they are the man and are making all kinds of rules about what you can and can't do here. I will give Mayor McCheese credit for not screaming sometimes: "Would you people just shut the fuck up and decide something? Anything? Just one decision tonight about something? One fucking thing?" Most of the meetings seem to be endless discussions which result in things be referred back to some other commission or staff or group for additional input. Maybe that will be my suggestion some day for a parade. When they actually decide something we should have a parade to celebrate and mark the occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment