Thursday, February 18, 2016

Walking

Experts say walking is good for you. Physically it benefits your heart, strengthens your muscles, and helps your lungs remain strong. Mentally it has been shown to decrease you risk of dementia. I don't know about all that. I just enjoy being outside with Lily and Rose seeing the sights here on Tybee. Some things make me happy, like seeing this old car and talking to the owner. 
He was cleaning it up because he had a guy offer to trade him a Corvette for it. I saw him a few days later and the old car was still there. He told me: "Anyone can have a Corvette." I walked by yesterday and where this beauty used to sit there sat a Corvette. It made me sad. 
I blogged previously about turtles over at Jaycee Park. There were out in force today. The pictures aren't the best but it was tough to hold two dogs and take pictures with an iPhone. 

These three were lined up on a branch near the bank enjoying a bit of sun. Makes you wonder what they are thinking. Just hanging out with friends like we are all inclined to do on a beautiful day.

There are two turtles next to the branch laying on the ground in the center of the picture. 
This is a bit better shot. Lily and Rose were interested in something behind me so the turtles stayed still for a brief moment. 
The turtle on the left is getting camera shy and feels threatened by the dogs. 
Time to head to the safety of water.
In he goes. 
Danger, danger, dive, dive, dive!!!
Time to move on and head to the dog park. 

No comments:

Post a Comment