Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Happiness

I was driving back to Tybee this afternoon on Highway 80. I saw a car headed toward Savannah with a dog. He had his head stuck out the window looking something like this.


It made me think about my Buddy Mike and his recent blog post about Whiz Bang the Dumb Struck Wonder Pup bounding through the tall grass. Both dogs were just full of unbridled joy. I thought about how wonderful it would be if we, as adults, could accomplish that level of happiness. It seems that level of joy is lost to us sometime in our youth. Perhaps our teen years. Hormones and peer pressure? In adulthood we are concerned with car payments, mortgage, our spouses and children. Our joy is tempered by our responsibilities. Maybe the closest we get is riding a motorcycle.

Relax a little over the holiday weekend and try to find the joy that dog is experiencing.

No comments:

Post a Comment