Friday, January 29, 2021

Doesn’t Make Sense to Me

 


I read this and it still doesn’t make sense to me. How exactly do I “borrow” a share of stock and then sell that “borrowed” share. I’m a simple country boy. If I go next door and “borrow” my neighbor’s lawnmower it isn’t at that point or any other point mine to sell to anyone. Seems to me that is one part of the problem with Wall Street and stock trading. Folks over there are selling things they don’t own so they can buy them back, hopefully at a lower price, and return the item to the owner. Just seems wrong to me. 

The second part of this that bothers me is the fact those Wall Street folks are crying foul. They have been doing this to us little guys for years. Now the little guys got together and screwed them at their own game. They say the little guys don’t know what they are doing and those little investors will lose money. I’m okay with that outcome. Experience is a great teacher. You make decisions and live with the consequences. Some lessons are painful. The hedge funds who took short positions on Game Stop are learning a painful lesson.

My solution is simple. If you don’t own it, you can’t sell it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment