Monday, January 2, 2023

She’s Amazing

 

Carol has been experiencing difficulties with her knees for several years. On December 7th she had her left knee replaced. So, about 3 weeks later she is back to the basement and working with her long arm quilting machine. She felt confident enough to go down the stairs. While the trip was slow she made it without problems. Being her at home health aide I had to limit her time at the machine. She needs to work into standing gradually. Going from a few minutes at a time to hours isn’t a good idea. It has been a tough year with her machine. It has been in for service several times. There are lots of wires to disconnect and when it is gone for a month or more remembering where they go can be challenging. After a brief struggle with that and a reboot for the programming it worked like a champ. 

She’s amazing because I would still be whining and complaining while I has everything delivered to my recliner. I try to do as much as I can for her but she is pretty independent. 

1 comment: