Friday, November 7, 2014

Evening at the Beach

Carol and I got invited to go to the beach last evening by a couple we met during the island wide yard sale a couple of weeks ago. It was going to be a chance to watch the moon rise over the Atlantic Ocean. I played with the camera for a while hoping to come up with a setting that would be able to capture the event. Since I don't have a tripod the idea was to use a combination of ISO speed and aperture opening. The results were iffy at best. If I'm going to get this right a tripod is going to be required. The bad news for the evening is that a cloud bank completely obscured the moon so there were zero moon pictures. The good news is that a group had been to the beach earlier in the day and created some nice sand sculptures. All of them were created below the high tide line which means that today they are all gone. Here are the pictures I took last night.














 

2 comments:

  1. Those are some excellent pictures of the lighthouse and sand sculptures. Looks like a nice night in Georgia. I'm up in Northlandia and about to go out and see if I can compose any moon shots. A full moon is tough to do well because you have to use daylight settings. But I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the pictures of Tybee - looks great and warmer than it is up here.

    ReplyDelete