Thursday, February 19, 2015

Parade

These are pictures from the Mardi Gras parade on Tybee last Saturday.

 You cannot have a parade without the lead group from the Tybee Island American Legion Post.
 They Tybee Island Beach Brigade is a group of ladies who get together and practice dance routines to perform in the parades. They are always fun to watch and to see what they are going to wear.


 Some of the gals really like to sell the act to the crowd.
 Props are good to have as well. The umbrellas were a nice addition to their routine.
 Mardi Gras requires beads. What you will not find on Tybee Island is women exposing their breasts to get beads. There is a lot of effort put in to making this a very family friendly place. The beads were being given to kids who came out to see the parade.
 These were the mint julep ladies. It was a fun take on southern life.
 


 The last picture for today is this gal. It would be easy to make fun of her for her outfit and make rude comments about her weight. I think it is better to go a different direction. I admire her comfort with her own skin. She is out having a good time. Clearly she has more self confidence than I do. I cannot picture myself wearing that out in public. I've been that heavy and I just never could or would feel that comfortable where I could do what she did. So, for her inner strength, her bravery, her willingness to embrace the day and have some fun she is my favorite part of the parade. More pictures tomorrow with my least favorite part of the parade.

No comments:

Post a Comment