Friday, December 4, 2015

Let's Try Something New

You know from time to time I get on my soap box about guns. We have a mass shooting and Jeff starts in again about gun control. It is as predictable as the sun coming up tomorrow morning. I'm going to take a little different approach this time. After the last two mass shooting in Colorado and California some of our leading political figures suggested we needed to pray. Both incidents were carried out by apparent religious fanatics. A right wing Christian in Colorado upset about abortion and two Muslims in California upset about something. Since gun control hasn't seemed to gain any followers and these incidents seem to be sparked by religion maybe we need to look that direction. Don't worry you Christmas and Easter Christians, Catholics who go to weddings and funerals or shirttail believers of any faith, I'm not talking about you. It's those folks who think "God" talks to them and tells them it is okay to kill other people. I think if we keep those people away from guns maybe the world would be a bit safer. I don't think "god" tells you to kill others. I think when you do that it is your idea. So forget all the other regulations just ask them if they've been talking to "god" and if they heard him give orders to kill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment