Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The end of the world

I have followed with some interest the political theater that is the Iowa caucuses. It appears to me (as a lifelong republican) that Iowa republicans want someone other than Mitt Romney. They kept finding others to lead the pack like Michelle Bachmann, Rick Perry, Herman Cain, Ron Paul, Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum. it appears that they held their noses last night and took a big bite of the Romney shit sandwich they were offered. I look at this field of candidates and wonder. Is this the best America has to offer? I was asked by one of my brother in laws what I thought of the Republican candidates. He did not seem to enjoy my views on each of them.

Mitt Romney- it seems like he has been running for president for the last 6 years. He seems too willing to stick his finger in the air to see which way the wind is blowing and then take whatever position he thinks the public wants to hear. He was pro choice now he is pro life. He wanted to mandate health insurance coverage now he doesn't. I watched Reverand Al Sharpton on TV the other day and he kept referring to Mr. Romney by his real first name Willard. Go by your birth name Willard.

Newt Gingrich- ethics violations while he was in Congress. He cheated on both of his ex-wives. Sorry folks it is a question of character for me. You stand in front of God and your friends and swear to love this person for the rest of your life forsaking ALL others. If you will lie to your wife, your God and your friends why should I think you will be honest with me.

Michelle Bachmann- the bitch is nuts. Don't go all, he's being sexist on me. If she was a dude she would be a crazy bastard. Being gay is not a choice. If you are straight then tell me when you decided that. Gay people don't need to be fixed they need to be accepted. I would think the anti abortion folks would love gays. What group is less likely to get an abortion?

Ron Paul- crazy little fucker. He doesn't care if Iran has a nuclear weapon. Let's go back on the gold standard. Legalize drugs, well maybe he's on to something there.

Rick Perry- reminds me of George W. Bush only not quite as smart. We don't need another retarded president.

Rick Santorum- well if you haven't yet just google Santorum. I rest my case.

If these are my choices on primary day I think I will just stay home.

1 comment:

  1. You are about the third person who has told me they might abstain from voting. Include me on that list from the other party. We really have a talent/politico/statesman deficit in this here country. Let's hope we have a younger generation coming up that will have an intelligent vision for our future.

    ReplyDelete