Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Hallucination

I have spent time the last few days putting Minwax Polycrylic on the walls in our house. The walls were stained before we moved in but I didn't have time to seal the walls. Since we live in a log home and all the interior and exterior walls are wood it seemed like it should be done. We have lived here eight years so it must be time. The good thing about Polycrylic is that it is water based and therefore not flammable. So good to use in the house when it is too cold to open the windows. The bad thing about Polycrylic is that it has really strong fumes  and the recommendation is to use it with adequate ventilation. The first two rooms I completed were the bathrooms. Not bad, small rooms, only took a couple of hours. Today I did one of the bedrooms. Took most of the day in a room with the door and windows closed. The fumes were a real headache. So this blog will be short. My advice, read the label. It says adequate ventilation for a reason. Right now everything I eat tastes like it was simmered in Polycrylic. I still have one wall to do in that room and two more bedrooms to coat. I will be back in there tomorrow with the door and windows closed. Why? Rules are made to be broken and I am a FUCKTARD!

No comments:

Post a Comment