Monday, December 8, 2014

Total Confusion

The good news for everyone is that I have no problem telling embarrassing stories about myself. On Saturday we got up at 4:00 a.m. in Georgia, got dressed and started the drive north to Illinois. We got here about 7 p.m. dropped the dog off at the house and headed to Budde's for a beer and a great pizza. Finally hit the bed about 10:30 p.m. Jeremy is staying here and he has 3 dogs. They weren't accustomed to having anyone else in the house so they barked every time we moved during the night. Lily hadn't adjusted to the time change so when 5:00 a.m. rolled around here she was ready to get up. So it was a short night of sleep. We grocery shopped on Sunday morning, went to Audrey's tumbling meet in the afternoon and back to Budde's for a tenderloin and beer in the evening. Finally off to bed about 11:00 p.m. I was just totally exhausted. This is where the story gets stupid, or at least I do.

Sometime around 3:00 a.m. one of Jeremy's dogs comes in our bedroom. I got up and chased him out of the room and closed the door. I thought as long as I was up I would take the opportunity to use the bathroom. I closed the bedroom door and the room is pitch black. I reach to my left feeling for the bathroom door. I can't find the door handle. I open the bedroom door a crack and try to use the little bit of light coming in to locate the door handle. No luck. I reach left again and grab onto a handle and pull. It is a bi-fold door opening. In my head I'm wondering what the hell is going on. We don't have a bi-fold door on our bathroom. I shut the door, feel for the bedroom door in front of me. I reach left again apparently thinking that I will be able to grab a different door handle. When the bi-fold door opens again I determine that I don't know where the bathroom is and I don't have to pee that bad. I go back to bed and lay down trying to figure out where the bathroom is and why I can't find it. The answer was rather simple. On Tybee Island our bathroom is to the left of my side of the bed. In Illinois the bathroom door is straight ahead from the foot of the bed. So the bathroom I was looking for in my sleepy state was about 1,000 miles east of where I was standing. I had been opening the closet door in Illinois. Carol was thankful that I was at least awake enough not to pee in the closet.

1 comment: