Monday, January 5, 2015

Another Monday

Yesterday was no tech Sunday. My buddy Mike stated my effort was like pissing in the wind. He is right about that as you come to realize quickly that you can never completely disconnect. The television was on, my fitbit remained on my wrist tracking my exercise for the day. I made excuses for it by telling Carol that I would not check my progress but let it function in the background. I did hold to my word and at no time during the entire 24 hour period did I check my iPhone, iPad or use the laptop. No internet usage at all for the day. Was it difficult? No really. Was there a point to it? Probably not. Just an experiment to see how it felt. Missing Facebook posts for a day doesn't seem like much of a loss. I do access lots of my news every day on the internet. Having said that I don't feel like much was missed there either. Will this become a weekly effort? I don't know yet. Maybe.

Now, back to my buddy Mike. If you haven't visited his award winning blog existinginbfe.blogspot.com then you are missing out on great writing and photography every Monday through Friday. Mike is probably wondering what award his blog has been award. It is the Tybee Island Savannah Candy Kitchen Gopher Award. If you have never eaten a gopher you are missing out on a real treat. Take a minute and google Savannah Candy Kitchen and see what the buzz is all about.

Saturday Carol and I went to Savannah to spend a bit of time walking around downtown. We found a couple of new places we enjoyed. The first was a shop called The Salt Table. It is a store specializing in salts and spices. They had some smoked salts and I must say it has to be an acquired taste. The downstairs area specializes in Georgia products so we went down and sampled some wines. We ended up buying three. The only decent grape growing area is in the mountains of northern Georgia. It is too hot here in the low country. We also stopped at The Ancient Olive. It is a shop that carries a variety of balsamic vinegars, olive oils and gourmet food products. We were able to buy some sample size bottles of olive oil to try. The final place was a pizza place called Your Pie. It is similar to Subway in that you choose your crust (white or whole wheat) and then add toppings to your personal 10" thin crust pizza. We had noticed it on our way to the other shops and grabbed a late lunch on the way back by. Savannah downtown is a great place to walk around and do a little shopping. You never know what you might find in a variety of interesting little shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment