Thursday, January 15, 2015

Walking Around Tybee Island

Lily and I walk every day. It is a slower way to get around Tybee and you notice things that you would likely miss on a drive around town. I want to share some of the things we get to see when we go on one of our walks.

This piece of art sits in front of 173 Lewis. Tybee is an artsy kind of place and works of art are scattered about the island.

This is the same house. I enjoyed the dolphin over the entrance to the side yard.

Just around the corner a couple hundred feet on 6th Street you are treated to this view of the marsh looking east.


 This is the view from 10 Street looking east. If you look closely in the horizon line at the center of the picture you can see the Tybee Island Lighthouse.

Looking to the west from the same vantage point there is an empty lot. I was surprised to see daffodils in bloom. Spring is coming to the island in January.

This picture has not been edited. The house is that blue. Like I said, it is an artsy place. Someone wanted to make a BOLD statement.

Once again the lighthouse in the background.

Over on Chatham Ave. these folks have taken the time to put some real effort into their yard art.

I admire folks who can take a pile of parts and turn it into something. I can see when it's done but have no idea it would be that from the pile of parts.

Still the same yard. I think this is my personal favorite. Love the old reel mower on the front.

 
Not sure how practical it would be for boating but it sure looks like it would be fun to cruise on the water with this one.
 
This little garden space is on Butler near 19th St.
 
Thanks for walking along with me and Lily.

1 comment: