Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy 2015

Last night Carol and I were invited to a New Year's Eve party at our neighbor's Patrick and Terri's home. It was a gathering of our neighbors on Anderson Court and very likely one of the few times I will stay up until midnight. During the party one of the neighbors invited us to go to the Tybee Polar Plunge today at noon. My response was a quick and hardy: "Hell NO!" The current water temperature and air temperature on Tybee are similar at 59 degrees. The other issue for me was not paying $20.00 each for the privilege of freezing my man bits off in the ocean. The charity is worthwhile being the Tybee Post Theater. We have paid to participate in both of their wine festivals so the next time alcohol is involved I will donate to the restoration effort. I did toy with the idea of going down and taking some pictures but assumed (correctly) that I could steal them from the internet. So without comment here is this year's polar plunge. Tybee will use any excuse to get folks out here to spend money.















1 comment:

  1. Nice New Year's Post and so very happy to see that Bodine-DILLIGAF will continue in 2015. I have decided that small things add pleasure to my existence every bit as much as the big ones. B-D is a daily anchor and I always start or end the day with a laugh and an educational nugget.

    ReplyDelete