Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Quiltfest 2015

A couple of weeks ago Carol and I took an afternoon and went to see the quilts displayed at Quiltfest Savannah. I don't know that I would be such a big fan of quilts if my wife and my mother were not quilters. The other impact on my interest is my own attempts at this art form. Being a beginner and looking at some of these quilts it is easy to see that some of them will forever be beyond my ability level.

We begin the show with Quilts of Valor. These quilts are made for soldiers who have served in war and are injured. The materials are paid for by the quilters and the labor to create these works is all donated. The quilts are provided free of charge and distributed by various groups in or associated with the military.


















1 comment:

  1. I remain in awe of the quilts people make. It sounds daunting, a forest for the trees kind of thing for me. It may be the endless repetitive patterns or how someone even comes up with a pattern that boggles my mind. Thanks for the pics. beautiful stuff.

    ReplyDelete