Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas

It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas. It isn't my favorite time of year. It was easier to tolerate in the past. You know when the Christmas season began after Thanksgiving. This year I started seeing Christmas displays up before Halloween. I mean really, can't we give Satan his holiday before we celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior? Oh, I forgot, Chritmas isn't about Jesus any more. It is now about selling us shit we don't want so we can give it to people we don't like and somehow it makes us feel better about ourselves. It has become a shallow and meaningless holiday. We encourage our school children to celebrate the "winter holiday". We wouldn't want to offend any other religion so we basically celebrate the arrival of Santa Claus. It is the one time we openly and intentionally lie to our children. Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. I never did that. We were poor when our children were little. I worked for the county and my wife worked at the hospital. I told our kids there was no Santa and that the gifts they received were bought with the money their parents worked to earn. Maybe it was a bit over the top but I regularly told them when the issue of Santa came up that when that fat bastard Santa started paying for their gifts he could have some credit on the gift tags. He never showed up with money and sinceCarol and I had worked and paid for the gifts them came from us. Fuck Santa I am the only fat bastard who bought their gifts. I will also throw in that if you rearrange the letters in Santa it spells Satan. Coincidence? I think not. I am not religious any more but if Christmas is about the birth of Christ it might be a good idea to get back to that place.
In closing, MERRY CHRISTMAS! Fuck you Santa you fat worthless bastard! Try working more than one day a year. Running an elf sweatshop is wrong! Stop breaking into houses at night and stealing milk and cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment