Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pujols

I admit I was hopeful that Alberto Pujols would be a Cardinal for the remainder of his career. Am I disappointed? Sure! Do I understand? Of course! If someone offered me more money when I was working I would have left for greener pastures. There are St. Louis fans who are making remarks about Mr. Pujols being disloyal. Some spelling his name Pujol$. Grow up folks, the name of the game is money.

If you are going to be realistic the Cardinals were privileged to have him play for them during the best years of his career. Yes folks, his best years are behind him. He has at best 5 years of good production ahead of him and a rumored 250 million dollar contract that makes him an Angel for the next 10 years. He will be a weight around the neck of the Angels organization for the last 5 years of this contract. The Cardinals made a strong effort to keep him but the right decision in the end was to let him go. The Cardinals have one of the best organizations in baseball and more world series championships than any team except the New York Yankees. The Cardinals will survive without Alberto Pujols.

On a final note when Alberto Pujols is inducted into the baseball hall of fame, and he will be, I would be proud to see him wearing Cardinal red.

1 comment:

  1. The Cardinals should be the envy of most teams in baseball for their organization. Decade after decade they are competitive and always have the necessary funds to tweak their lineup. I wouldn't worry too much about losing Pujols, the Cardinals brass usually get it right. If only that 2nd rate New York team could just learn from the Cards.

    ReplyDelete