Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Year - BFD

It is time to think about the year that is coming to an end and make resolutions for the year ahead. Big Fucking Deal! I can't change what has happened this year and really aside from that one second it took to go from on the ladder to on the floor with a dislocated shoulder why would I. The past couple of days I have been using the scanner Carol got me for Christmas to digitalize our photographs. I look at them and wonder why they have such power. Think about it. At their longest duration most represent how the world was for about 1/60th of a second. What powerful little snippets of time they can be. Who can forget JFK laying across Jackie's lap mortally wounded? The fingers pointing to the area where the shot came from that killed MLK. The day we got married. The first pictures of our child or now grandchild. Powerful images that try to pull us back into a world that only exists in our minds now. When somehow no matter how things are now we long for some magical moment captured back then on film. So I look at those pictures and wonder about what was and what could have been. Would I change things if I could? If you think you would then I suggest you read Stephen King's new book: 11/22/63.
So don't live in the past. Don't worry much about the future, it will happen and you won't be there for all of it. If you want to make a resolution make one for now. A resolution for today. Make something different. Make a difference. Change someone's life. If you want to see how little it takes go to Rantsfrommommyland.com and read about hookers. If you don't get a tear in your eye then you need to resolve to get in touch with your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment