Thursday, December 22, 2011

Visitors

It is a big day here. There is a fire going in the fireplace. Candy, the wonder dog, is laying on the floor enjoying the heat from the fire. The house is quiet. Very soon that will all change and chaos will descend upon us. John, Mandie, Vannessa, Audrey, johnnie and their dog Penny will be here later today. There will be running thru the house accompanied by singing and screaming and sometimes crying. We will have to sleep with lights on. Then tomorrow night Jeremy will arrive with his dogs, Max, Armani, and MiMi. Our cat will be looking for some secluded spot to hide and Candy will retreat to her room and her bed. Saturday my Mom, Aunt Dolly and brother David will come over to celebrate Christmas. More noise, people and chaos. By sometime on Sunday the house will be back to normal. Carol will look at me and say: " Did you hear that?" I will say no and isn't it nice to have our lives and house back. At the same time a little voice in my head will say how great it was to see our children and granddaughters. I cannot picture our lives without them. Who else, other than two year old Johnnie, is going to come up behind me and say. "Papa, move your fat ass." I did move as ordered and as I was laughing I realized you can't discipline a kid for a gem like that. So bring on the chaos and noise there will be plenty of time for quiet and peace later.

No comments:

Post a Comment