Wednesday, December 7, 2011

WTF is DILLIGAF

There are plenty of things in life that I don't care about and this blog may let me rant about a few of them. For those who are not familiar with GILLIGAF it is the following:
Do
I
Look
Like
I
Give
A
Fuck

I have plenty of tattoos and that is on my right outer forearm in bold letters. Is it true? I will let you decide if you choose to follow along.

I was showering this morning (cleanliness being next to godliness and all) and thinking about celebrity. Really, who gives a shit about whether William and Kate are going to have a baby. We all assume they are doing it royally and sooner or later a child will pop out of her princess mommy parts. So why waste news time speculating. Isn't there more important things going on in the world? I mean really, Albert Pojols appears close to signing with the Florida Marlins yet no one mentions it on Good Morning America. The WORLD CHAMPION St. Louis Cardinals are in danger of losing their all star first baseman and no headline news this morning. Where is network TV's priorities? For several weeks I have had to endure daily news stories about the marriage and impending divorce of Chloe, Kimmie, or Kunty Kardashian like I give a flying fuck about any of that. I mean after all didn't she marry a (gasp) basketball player? Let me know when she is dating someone who plays a real sport. You know the ones where you wear a helmet because a guy is throwing a baseball at 90+ mph and you are trying to hit it with a stick. Or where a 250 lbs or bigger guy is trying to rip your head off because you are running with a ball he wants. JTFC next thing you will want to call golf a sport. Come on people we have all done that drunk and professionals get paid big money to play it SOBER.

I have only met one celebrity that impressed me enough to mention his name. We were on a cruise last winter and while on shore on one of the islands, St. Kitts I think we met Mike Holmes. If you aren't familiar with Mike he is the guy who fixes houses that other contractors have fucked up. His show is Holmes on Homes. He gets mentioned because he was the same genuine guy in person that you see on TV. Spoke with him for a couple of minutes and told him how much we enjoyed his show. He could not have been more cordial. Just an all around good person in my book.

So, celebrity, really not impressed by it even when you wear a helmet and hit fastballs with a stick. Just want to see the Cardinals contend for another few seasons and Albert will help. If he goes somewhere else to play ball I will still be a Cardinal fan but won't care what Pujols is doing unless his new team is playing the Cardinals.

1 comment:

  1. Great opening blog, and looking forward to all the rest. DILLIGAF is a perfect title. Congrats and carry on, Mr. Sutor.

    ReplyDelete