Thursday, July 25, 2013

Tour de France

The Tour de France concluded yesterday and I will admit to watching none of it this year. I heard a British fellow won. Well, bully for him and them. They are having a good year. Home country wins Wimbledon, win Tour de France, and a new royal baby. Don't care about any of that. Carol and I went on a motorcycle ride the other day. While I'm motoring along wondering if some idiot texting is going to cross the center line and hit me or a deer will run out of the woods and take us out I thought about Lance Armstrong.

Why Lance Armstrong? Well I knew the Tour was ending and I was always interested and followed when an American had a chance or had the lead. So now Lance has been stripped of his 7 Tour wins because he cheated. He doped. He used blood transfusions. He took hormones. I don't care. He won. Did the other guys cheat too? I don't know. We sent over a one nut cancer survivor and he won. I don't care how or why. He just won. The race is over 2000 miles over about a three week period against the best riders in the world. I'm willing to cut some slack to the one baller from Texas. This year some douche from Britain one. Probably has both his nuts. Fuck maybe he is the male equivalent of Ann Boleyn and has three nuts. Don't care, didn't watch. Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment