Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Carol is 59

Today is Carol's birthday. She turns 59 today. It is a wonderful occasion. We started dating when I was 17 and she was 16. It is getting to the point where I don't remember life without her. She has always been there keeping me company. Guiding me when I try to do something stupid. Encouraging me when a stumble and reminding me that setbacks are temporary. Loving me at times when I was sure no one should or could or would. She is the mother to our three wonderful children and a grandmother to six of the greatest young ladies in the world. She is the reason I get up in the morning and the woman I want to sleep with at night. We have grown older together. Grown closer as the years go by. There are less days left ahead then there were behind so we treasure the days we have left.

 The picture above was taken in 1978. Carol is holding Jeremy. I appear dazed. As a 24 year old with two children I should have looked that way.
 This is Carol and I at my graduation from WIU in 1976. If she had not been willing to work so I could go to school this never would have happened. She is pregnant with our daughter Tamara.
This one is about 6 years ago. The youthful look is off both of us. Still, any day I can sit with my sweetheart out here in BFE is a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Carol, and best wishes for many many many more. You are a lucky person to have spent the ups and downs with a great guy, and he you.

    ReplyDelete