Saturday, February 22, 2014

Man's Best Friend

Signs that your dog is your best friend.

1. Lilly and Teddi share my meals. They sit next to me. Lilly on my left and Teddi on my right. They watch intently as I eat and stare in wonder as the fork goes to my mouth and not one of theirs. A meal does not go by where they are shut out of the food. I buy bologna and hot dogs just for them to eat. They sit near me because they instinctly knew I was the easy mark.

2. They go to the bathroom with me. I don't like an audience when I'm in the bathroom but they don't seem to care. They must be my best friends because at almost 60 and overweight a naked me is not a handsome sight. In addition if you are a long time reader you may remember a blog post about the power of a dog's nose. Without going into detail let's just say that sometimes I am in a hurry to get out of that room. What the hell did I eat that caused that odor?

3. Time. If I am gone for 10 minutes Teddi and Lilly are excited to see me come back in the house. Hell, I've walked out the door, forgotten something in the house, gone back in and there they are tails wagging happy to see me. They come running when we get home and are looking for some attention or maybe a snack. McDonalds double cheeseburgers are on the menu for them once in a while.

4. Mind reading. Most of the time I can look at Lilly or Teddi and know what they want. Often enough to worry me, they can read me as well. If there is a heaven dogs will be there. If they aren't it won't be heaven. Maybe then they can talk and let us know they actually can read minds. I am already sure of it but I want them to say it.

5. They sleep with us. Lilly is the queen of the bed. She lets you get all settled then picks the spot she wants and makes you move. Teddi starts the night under the bed. When she is sure everyone is asleep she jumps up on the bed and cuddles up against your legs. When the alarm goes off Teddi is the one in your face licking you back to reality.

1 comment:

  1. Great post. Nice to see the girls again when I was back.

    ReplyDelete