Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Times Change

It seems nothing changes in the world faster than digital technology. The picture below is a 250 megabyte hard drive from about 40 years ago.

 
The next picture is a personal computer from the 1980's. Note the price and the size of the hard drive. You couldn't do anything with that machine now. Well maybe a paperweight.


The next picture is two flash drives. One from 2004 and the other from 2014. Roughly the same size but 64 megabytes of storage vs. 64 gigabytes.

How many of the following storage options have you used? The answer will reveal clues about your age.

The final picture is all too true. I watch our granddaughters with facination as they do things with computers that I won't attempt. They have no fear of technology. They aren't worried about losing data or programs. They click and swipe and type and play with abandon. I don't remember being two years old but I'm sure this is what I was doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment