Wednesday, February 12, 2014

House Hunting on the Island

We spent today looking for a suitable place to move to on Tybee Island. It is surprising how many shitholes you have to look at in hopes of finding a diamond. Perhaps I was being too picky but I really don't want to move down here to fix something up. I realize that people want to sell places and wonderif they think it is too much trouble to clean the carpets. While you may not want to fix up the place you are selling, is cleaning too much to ask? I think out of the 10 homes we toured there were a couple that seemed very nice. We are going to see about 5 more tomorrow and then try to make a decision. It is not an easy process.

Last night it was seafood at A.J.'s Dockside. Today it was Stingrays with seafood on the plates again. The scallops, oysters, shrimp, fish and hush puppies were excellent. It is the quality of seafood we never seem to see in the Midwest. I told our realtor today that I don't eat steaks out here because they don't understand steak. That is our midwest speciality. So we will enjoy all the seafood we can out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment