Saturday, February 1, 2014

Why We SUCK

I have from time to time stated that I think the political speech in the United States needs to be carried on by adults acting like adults. It is dismaying when a sitting Congressman is asked what I felt was a reasonable question which he refused to answer. I didn't have a problem with that, just walk away. He, unfortunately, chose to come back and threaten to throw the reporter off the balcony and/or break him in half. What are we trying to teach the public here or any kids that are watching?

I'm going to keep this post brief. While I think Sean Hannity is a douche the above picture was posted on Facebook. I think it does nothing to get the two sides talking, seeking common ground and working together to solve our country's serious problems. Why can't we just talk any more and behave in a civilized manner? We don't need to agree but we need to be respectful. Maybe when that happens we will be more willing to listen and find areas where we can compromise and make some progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment